Thursday, October 11, 2012

[Tourney Report] Let's Play Geargia. aka Kaito Sleeves look cool

Managed to get some free time by sneaking out of class after delivering a report. Grabbed the first deckbox at home then stormed out to get to Galleria. I want to play under promo format so that I can test how the absence of promo cards in my decks affect their competitiveness.

Playtested a bit with Sir Tim and I realized that removing the psychic engine out of deck in favor of trap stuns was bad. Also forgot to bring a copy of Pot of Avarice in case I wanted to put it in again. I don;t really miss Avarice. It's just that having a set Armor without any targets in the deck is gg.

I'm still laughing at myself for having two copies of Gear Gigant X but I still don't have a copy of Hope and Maestroke.

Anyway, on to the tourney report.

Deck Used: MKG - Machina Karakuri Geargia
4 rounds of Swiss

Round 1 vs Teched-out Black Feathers(Armin? is that how you spell your name?)
I lost the roll
Game1: I drew a bunch of monsters, he drew a bunch of traps. GG for me.
Game2: Magic Cylinder. Fortress hits me in the face. GG

XX
0-1

Round 2 vs Kyle the Rai-Oh guy(Anti-meta)
Had a chat with him and found out that we were both going to drop if ever we lost
Won the roll
Game 1: His D-fissure is a pain in the arse. But after Armor's effect baited out Doomcal and I managed to resolve Fortress, GG.
Game 2: D-fissure again. Managed to clear most of his monsters but my triple Arsenal hand failed to beat him down. Died to Rai-Oh.
Game 3: I went first so Fortress got in safely.

OXO
1-1

Round3 vs Sir Irwin my idol(Chaos Dragons)

Game 1: Geargia OTK
Game 2: I misplayed so much. Had a nice field with a bureido. I DDCrowed Debris's target Trooper because I was afraid of BRD but I realized that Reaper is also lv3. Then I crashed Armor with limiter onto LPD, thinking I was attacking with Arsenal. Got used to the Triple Arsenal hand from last round.
Game 3: He opens with Rai-oh and decree. But I was going first. Compulsed Rai-oh during his end phase then proceed to Geargia OTK next turn.

OXO
2-1

Round4 vs Jairen(Black Feathers)

Game 1: Lost to classic BF field flood.
Game 2: Fortress is GOD!!!
Game 3: LIMITER GEARGIA OTK!!!!

XOO
3-1

Got 3rd place and just took the madolche ticket form the draft.

THE DECK:

Monsters:
x3 Armor, Arsenal, Accel
x3 Gearframe
x2 Fortress
x1 Force
x2 MK-II
x2 Karakuri Doggy
x1 Karakuri Position Changer
x1 Karakuri Haipa aka Rai-oh killer
x1 Psychic Commander

Spells:
Storm
Reborn
Dark Hole
x2 MST
x2 Smashing Rai-oh
x2 Emergency Teleport
Limiter aka the machine user's Pro Card.

Traps:
x2 Call of the Haunted
Solemn Judgment
x2 Solemn Warning
x2 Compulsory
Starlight Road

Extra:
x3 Bureido
x3 Burei
Stardust
Black Rose
x2 Gear Gigant X
x2 Zenmaines
Soul of Silvermountain
Parallel Rare Number 25F: Fake Hope(LOL)

I'd probably replace Dark Hole since if I'm in a position that I should use it, I might as well scoop.

I know most PH players would rather use Gadgets or Karakuri than use Geargia because those two decks are either more consistent(Gadgets) or more explosive(Karakuri). But Geargia has that flexibility of switching playstyles depending on what your opponent plays, something that is hard to do with the other machine decks.

Another upside to Geargia is Armor's 1900 def body that is really hard to run over for common monsters. With CotH, Mk-II, and Arsenal, you are almost sure to plus from a set Armor.

Mk-II also opens up a lot of combos with Accel and CotH that would take too long to list. But his best use in the meta is to pressure Gadget players with a one-card Silvermountain to freeze backrow, run over a gadget then SS an Armor, Tuner, or even Karakuri Synchros and Scrap Dragon.

MK-II also opens up to usual rank3 plays. Zenmaines, Leviair and Revise are on my list of cards to get because of this guy. Yeah, as Billy Brake said, MK-II is TOUR GUIDE FROM THE MACHINE WORLD!!!! (if only there was a Geargia that functions like Sangan)

I'm still stressed though. I still can't think of what to use for Asia Plus. Geargia Machina? Machina gadget? Machina Geargia Karakuri? Karakuri Cosmos? Machine Monster Mash just for the lulz? Can't really decide.

2 comments:

  1. I just teched x3 Macro Cosmos and Return from Different Dimension in Karakuri and used x3 Haipa since Kuick and Nisamu are useless when Cosmos is up. I just did it for fun at first but here in the Philippines, most of the meta(DW, Mermail, Machina) is stopped by a Cosmos, making the build really viable here.

    ReplyDelete