Sunday, May 27, 2012

A Random Duel Blog for the Random(and poor) Duelist

Hi! I'm bassfreak, an unknown duelist from the Philippines. I made this blog to share my random thoughts, not just Yugioh-related. Most of my posts

Why is my blog named The Fortress Express? Well, my favorite card is Machiner Fortress, a Machine-type monster that needs no introduction but will get one anyway.

Probably the most badass Machine in the game
A recurring boss, a 2500 beater, a guy who brings his opponents down with him, this guy is amazing. Usually, Machine-based decks use him as a big beater early game or a means to use dead draws. The following decklist uses this guy to tank as you set up for an OTK(but when things are going good, I don't even need the OTK to win)

Why no Birdman? Birdman is not sanctioned legal in PH. Bummer
Explanation of monster choices:

x3 Fortress/Gearframe - we all know what these two can do. A not-so-obvious reason here is Fortress serves as a way to get some use out of the Karakuri tuners when you actually draw them. You'll probably end up hating yourself when you draw two of those Karakuri tuners.

Kuick - you know how Fortress dumps those tuners in grave when you draw them? This guy lets you revive them. Additional level 4 non-tuner is also nice. And Haipa isn't really a nice comeback card.

no Cannon/Force - during playtesting, i just side these out and never got a chance to use it. great comeback cards, though.

x2 Psychic Commander/E-tele - the next best thing to Birdman.

x3 veiler - don't leave home without these

x3 geargiarsenal - tutors armor, nuff said. i don't know why some people disregard the fact that three of arsenal increases the chance of drawing the OTK hand (Armor/Arsenal + Accel + Tele/Birdman) and it increases the chances of making a Gigant X on the first turn. Arsenal is also a good card to side out in case you need to side heavily. Still, the best quantity is debatable.

no Mk-II - I'm still thinking about this. if i would main MK-II, i would have to get rid of two Arsenals or Kuick+Arsenal. MK-II mostly serves as a comeback card, or something that you'll use to get more options (Brionac, Zenmaines, Djinns, Silver Summit to name a few). I chose to run Kuick +additional Arsenal since I like ending games early.

The spells in the list change depending on my mood/budget. i don't have that many cards on me so I have to be resourceful. If i could get my hands on a set of chalices/ lances and mind control, i would certainly use them, since book of moon is not really that good when you only have 1.

The "cheapest" trap I

Triple CED is something i have been using ever since i got it. I tried using Raigeki Break and PWWB but the minus is bad for this deck, since summoning Fortress is already a minus 1. Besides, I would rather mess up my opp's NS for free and see if he has a comeback, than debate with myself whether i should use RB or PWWB every time he tries something.

I side whatever i have that I find useful. Rykos(i don't have snowman), Prohibition(FU Grapha and Hornet), Soul Drain(FU again Grapha, and you bunch of expensive dragons), and Imperial Iron Wall.

I was supposed to debut this deck during PH May Monthly Tournament but I didn't get the chance since I was too busy waiting for the replay of APink's comeback performance on TV. When I made it to the tournament venue(since I still had to meet the guy who would sell me his cheap Lightlord Set), they were already doing their decklists and being the shy guy that I am, I didn't ask the tourney organizers if me and my brother could still join. Bummer!

I still lack a lot of cards for me to be able to use this during weekly tournaments(my Machiners, Staples and Side cards are EN, and veiler is too expensive for someone like me). I'm currently saving up, but if you'd like to trade them for my cards, I would love it.

I would also like to playtest this against duelists aside from my brothers(you should see how me and my bros playtest, playing with handwritten cards is hard), i'd love it.

Next post: Probably about Magical Fortune Ladies or Destiny Fortune Ladies or Side Cards that shouldn't be overlooked.

Ciao!

(Video not related)

No comments:

Post a Comment